Mesh edition and import progress Feb 19, 2019 10:29:11 GMT 10 ToCool74, GabrielGeog, and 2 more like this
Post by themimegogo on Feb 19, 2019 10:29:11 GMT 10
- here is the readme that came with Maliwei777's script.... translated in english. -
First of all, thanks to xentax's zaramot shared 3dsmax model import script, I can understand the format of the model file. Model modifications are possible.
This script can only modify characters, weapons, and I will not study. The script was written under 3dsmax2014 and the script was tested under 3dsmax2019. I don't know if other versions of 3dsmax can be used.
I didn't want to waste time doing mods, and I didn't want to share this script. I usually don't use 3dsmax scripts, so this script is a sloppy, too high-end gadget. The script bug is definitely there.
There are 2 script versions, the xa version of the vertex weight can be more precise
Scripts that require xna dll need to modify the dll path
Normal version is used directly
On the topic, use the lion dlc 920560 police officer suit as an example.
Run the script, import the checkpoint on the point, import the pl0005.mesh.1808312334 model, UnchangeBoneMapName Do not click. Model import takes a little time.
After the model is imported, the schematic view is viewed. The model is divided into 5 LOD groups and some Mesh below. For the convenience of viewing, I have used the dummy to distinguish the model. Generally, the main characters seem to be the same into 5 LODs. As for other character models, there is an organic LOD. I have not studied it. Save a max file.
Prepare your mod model, export your model to an fbx file, use noesis to read your exported fbx file, and noesis to export an fbx model file. The principle is to use noesis to put your model according to the uv face. Cut to ensure that your model has the same number of vertices and uv points.
1) Open the file that has been imported into the police officer model in 3dsmax and import the fbx file exported with noesis. Remove the modifiers like your model's skin.
2) reset xform scales your model to 0.
3) Give your model an unwrap uvw modifier, add a uv2, map channel there, 2, select move, do this to add a uv2 to your model, ie add a second uv map, select move is copy first The layer uv is copied to the second layer uv. Of course, you can edit the uv2 yourself. You can only move it and you can't cut it. Uv2 is a texture for pl0xxx_wetmask_msk1.tex for wet maps.
1) Find the models whose original model LOD1 is closest to your model, select your model for a skin wrap modifier, set falloff to 1.0, distance infl to 0.05, weight all points, add those LOD1 closest to you Those models of the model are converted to skin after calculation.
2) In the skin's advanced options, remove zero weight, the bone affect limit is changed to 8 is a vertex with up to 8 bone controls.
3) The bones in the skin bones list are arranged in order b001:xx ~ bxxx:xxx. The skin bone of your model is not much less than the original model.
4) Give your model an edit normal modifier, averaging the normals and making the model smoother. Edit normal The modifier is to be preserved in order to export the normals to remove the seams of the model.
5) Rename your model to the name of the original model. For example, LODGroup_1_MainMesh_1_SubMesh_3 is the top of the police officer's uniform.
6) Copy 4 copies of your model. Rename the tops to the relevant names, such as
Corresponds to 5 LOD models.
7) Select your 5 mesh models, run the script point export mesh, select the original pl0005.mesh.1808312334 model file, and wait for the export to complete. Export will take some time.
8) After the export is completed, there will be an additional pl0005.mesh.1808312334.newmesh, this is the modified model file. Renamed to pl0005.mesh.1808312334. The model has been modified.
- i'll try to run thru this myself - and simplify the steps where possible.
- but before that, I'm gonna lock myself in the dungeon and i'll come out after i've done some successful import tests. *rolls up sleves*
note: envious of you guys who've already done imports