RE6Hook - Direct3D Hook, Addons, Plugins, and more! May 12, 2015 16:01:25 GMT 10 Johnny Valentine, Shigu, and 1 more like this
Post by atom0s on May 12, 2015 16:01:25 GMT 10
What is RE6Hook?
- RE6Hook is an injected Direct3D wrapper that hooks onto the games rendering engine. RE6Hook includes the following features:
- In-game Console
- Key Bindings
- Moveble Font Objects
With RE6Hook, you can create a whole new gaming experience while playing Resident Evil!
- The in-game console allows users to easily and quickly interact with the game and the hook. Users can hit a predefined hotkey to cause the console to open allowing them to type in commands.
While the console is open the game is no longer able to handle the keyboard messages preventing the user from accidentally doing something in-game they did not want to do while typing into the console.
The console is the central hub for communicating with the hook and any loaded plugins / addons. Users can load and unload plugins and addons via the console, create or remove key binds, as well as interact with plugins/addons, the hook, and the game.
- Scripts are simple text files that allow users to execute a collection of commands at a single time. Whether it be setting a handful of useful key binds at once, loading your favorite plugins / addons, or setting some configuration options.
Scripts are a quick and easy way to do a lot of things all at once.
- Key bindings let you bind a series of keys to execute a specific action. For example, in the beta version I have currently deemed '~' as the console key. Anytime ~ is pressed the console is toggled with the command: /toggleconsole
Key binds can be grouped with multiple keys, making use of the CTRL, ALT, Windows, Apps, and Shift keys. So you could bind a command to CTRL+ALT+F if you wanted to.
When a key bind is pressed, RE6Hook blocks the game from ever receiving the key presses so that there is no conflict with the game.
Plugins / Addons
- RE6Hook offers a full plugin interface to communicate with the hook. Plugins are loaded directly into the game allowing users direct access to the games memory. With plugins, you have full access to the hooks various interfaces allowing you to interact with the hook as well, even other plugins.
Addons are through a plugin called 'Addons'. Addons expose the hooks plugin interface to Lua scripts allowing people whom do not know C/C++ (or any other language that can use a C interface) to create extensions for the game as well.
Pretty much everything that a plugin can do can be done inside of a Lua addon.
Movable Font Objects
- RE6Hook comes with a unique font engine that allows you to create objects that are highly customizable. The font objects can act as buttons with callbacks as well allowing users to create more in-depth objects that can be used to interact with the game.
The font objects can be parented with another object allowing them to move together, as well as be anchored to another ensuring they stay together in the exact location you want them to.
Font objects can be textured as well allowing you to create mini-UI systems for your addons or plugins.
Setting Up RE6Hook
- Setup is quick and simple. Just extract all the files that are included in the RE6Hook package that you downloaded and place the files into a new folder on your computer. RE6Hook does not need to be in the same folder as the game, and is recommended that you do not put it there to avoid file conflicts. Afterward, you can edit the following files for more customization:
- RE6Hook\Scripts\Default.txt - Contains the various commands, plugins, and addons that will be automatically executed when the game is loaded.
- RE6Hook\Configs\re6hook.xml - Contains various configuration options that you can tweak.
The following are required in order to make use of RE6Hook:
- Microsoft VC++ 2013 Runtime: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=True
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851
Please note; you MUST install the 32bit version of the VC++ runtime! If you don't it will not work. I do not care if you have a 64bit system. This is not 64bit code. It does not use the 64bit runtime.
You also need the v1.0.5 version of the game exectuable. You can obtain that from here:
Downloads can be found on my personal website here:
While RE6Hook is released free of charge, donations are always a nice thing to show your support. If you like my work, feel free to donate via Paypal here:
Here are some screenshots / videos from the beta development of RE6Hook:
- i.imgur.com/IbHdXEE.jpg - CharMon addon displaying two characters information. (Ignore the debug anchor at the top.)
- i.imgur.com/5ezG3vT.png - CharMon addon in action.
- i.imgur.com/ZdQPFqf.jpg / i.imgur.com/xuaz2TJ.png - Effects plugin in action. (Before and after screenshots.)
Feel free to post anything about this project. Questions, comments, concerns, support etc.