Enable full FPS animations at long distance. Apr 7, 2020 9:25:02 GMT 10 V, dddvg4, and 6 more like this
Post by cymatix on Apr 7, 2020 9:25:02 GMT 10
In RE2 & RE3 remake the animations for enemies, fire and npc's are rendered at low fps at long distances. It's extremely jarring to see these slideshow animations in contrast with the smooth FPS we get up close. Thankfully user Jillmoh found the necessary information in the RE2 remake .exe last year that would allow us to remove this limitation.
Unfortunately another problem arose with RE3 remake in the form of a new integrity check that Capcom (or Denuvo?) implemented to stop tampering of the exe. Basically, after hex editing re3.exe you are unable to interact normally in the game. Things like doors will no longer open, the typewriter becomes unusable and NPC's will freeze making you unable to progress the story. We intially used Praydog's RE3 Framework to bypass the integrity check but user meatsafemurderer recently discovered the actual hex data we need to workaround this issue. Big respect to him for that!
So in order to enable full FPS animations there are two ways to edit the necessary values. You can edit the hex values in re3.exe yourself or use the program Delta Patcher to do it automatically.
a) Manually edit re3.exe:
1) Download and install a hex editor like HxD.
2) Open re3.exe with hex editor and navigate to address 0xECFC28.
* If using HxD, you can click "Search" menu at the top, then "Goto..", and input ECFC28. Make sure "hex" and "Offset relative to begin" are selected when searching.
44 8B C5
45 31 C0
Save the changes (HxD will automatically create a backup of your re3.exe).
b) Use Delta Patcher to patch re3.exe automatically
1) Download Delta Patcher from Github and extract.
2) Download my patch from: mega.nz/file/lT4ilQ5K#pT6FCPusNLW8kzFkin6gac5OpVbdbsNGOiXaghusr6M
3) Create a copy of your re3.exe (rename the copy to something like "re3.exe.bak" or "re3_original.exe").
4) Open DeltaPatcher.exe and for "Original File" select your re3.exe. For "XDelta patch" select the "re3patch.xdelta" file you downloaded in step 2.
5) Apply the patch!
Enjoy full FPS animations at all distances!
PS: Huge thanks to Jillmoh, meatsafemurderer & Praydog for this fix!