Post by Mr.Curious on Apr 29, 2018 15:49:13 GMT 10
"But looks like no tools or info of how to modify existing xwb and wsb set."
yes,this is what I am afraid of.. I'd like @raz0r to read what you have posted though as he is working with some of these files right now and may understand a bit more of the information you have presented.
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2018 15:49:34 GMT 10 by Mr.Curious
Post by otakadelic on Apr 29, 2018 18:27:01 GMT 10
Sorry unknown alien tried to tell you something you already know. Decrypting binary file without clues is much tougher than ppl may think. I just can't stop send my cheers. Let me add few things I noticed after the post.
- I checked Microsoft DirectX SDK (April 2007) but limited info and fewer volume. - Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2009) has deeper info with XACT3. - XACT3 allows to user change almost every names so I changed most of them but only Cue Name has stored within xsb.
- Which means connections between wav files stored in xwb and reference to them stored inside of xsb and cue(s) and track(s) and Event(s) are all reference or pointer(like Type of ID and Numbered ID) except exact values like volume of each Track/Event.
- I converted the description of XSB page to PDF. 4 pages but the most important is one page only(Second Page).
Post by otakadelic on Apr 30, 2018 13:31:56 GMT 10
Great!!! You don't need me anymore but if I go step further then I will:
- Make a list of targets of investigation. Since your target is xsb only, less than dozen. - How to connect with each every *.wav files which stored in xwb file. - Sound Bank itself(bc xsb can hold more than one Sound Bank). How they stored inside of xsb. - Cue. - Track. - Event(s) if you created any Track. Still several others remains but guessing above are important at this moment. - Create very minimum xsb and xwb set. - Then, add only single element (or only single change) from above dead plain minimum sets. - Compare two xsb with binary viewer. Luckily seems like no encode or no encryption applied. So the modification applied above should reflect very specific area only. - Repeat and add changes(but one at time, absolutely not two modifications at same time until you grasp most of them).
You such a passionate person, with deeper knowledge about target, this could be done in weeks,within few weeks.
Post by otakadelic on May 17, 2018 18:43:11 GMT 10
Sorry to keep you bother. I time to time think about how to analyze and cook the xsb format, because I also have similar targets to decrypt. I talked one guy who even disassemble game.exe and ask him opinions. Here are some thoughts from him and myself.
- Let XACT3 as xsb generator.
XACT3.exe has complete function to generate xsb file which should be 100% compatible. But problem is one direction only, the project file(*.xap file) is necessary and can't generate from xsb and xwb files.
- Then try to create XAP file.
Once you can create similar XAP file, then the rest is XACT3.exe's job. You don't have to create xsb editor or tools by yourself or no need to teach people how to edit by binary editor.
I didn't checked XAP files. Good thing is those are very simple text files.
If targeted goal is replacing wav files then just create similar XAP file(should be very easy as XAP file format indicates). Then XACT3.exe will create proper xwb and xsb set.
Capcom is seasoned dev, but my guess is they used Sounds(almost equals to reference to wav files in xwb file), Tracks, Events and Cues only. And you *maybe* can get clues about Events and Cues in actual game situation like the door has opened but no sounds then one cue should be there. Pulled trigger but no gunshots or something like that.
Decrypting from the result(binary) only is tough and limited. XAP *might* provide you other hints from other angles.
Sorry again to keep you bothering. Really hope you will reach the goal.
Hi friends, I'm a new member, I have a question, I edited the music in the game, but I accidentally deleted the Core.xsb file. Quit when I enter the game, no sound, gunshots, foot sounds, everything in the game.Help me fix it.
I didn't play the real game because I lost my job because of Cowit so I didn't have the money to buy the game so my friend suggested I download it on the website there.One thing that you can help me with is uploading Core.XSB files to media files and I will download them and place them in my game client.
Taint3d: I'm tired as well, haven't slept in two day's unfortunately.
Jun 2, 2021 22:49:32 GMT 10
glisp: fluffyquack might as well just stop adding trainers to his mod manager. He refuses to update them to work with the latest version of the games. There's no point in having them.
Jun 9, 2021 13:20:42 GMT 10
Jun 10, 2021 23:10:16 GMT 10