No updates so far, I really want to continue with this. For the people who tried the addon, what should I work on next?
- Being able to use characters of different games to export (currently only sculpting the imported character works) - Fix crashes when importing models generated with 3ds max script - Import with Cycles materials - Import Resident Evil 6 models - Export Resident Evil 6 models - Import Resident Evil 1 HD models - Import Resident Evil 4 HD models - Import Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City models (can include levels, which I think wasn't released anywhere) - A website that shows the content of every file (automatically, for all games supported)
Last Edit: Aug 29, 2016 10:50:38 GMT 10 by bastien
- Being able to use characters of different games to export (currently only sculpting the imported character works) - Fix crashes when importing models generated with 3ds max script - Import Resident Evil 6 models - Export Resident Evil 6 models - Import Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City models (can include levels, which I think wasn't released anywhere)
I guess i'll stick with that However, i think finishing RE5 script would be a good idea.. ORC is the least favourite one here but the levels could really come in handy
--THIS of course...A lot of blender users want to mod RE6,myself included. But the only available script from aman's revision of maliweii's still has a lot of problems...T ^ T
What problems does it have? Could you export a model successfully? I think checking that script could help me.
The reason I haven't fully completed the export part of RE5 is because there's a section of the mod format I don't understand, and if it's missing it crashes the game. If I knew what it was the new version could be done in a few hours/days. Good news is I made progress yesterday on figuring out that part of the format, so stay tuned FluffyQuack or anyone with research skills if you read this and want to help please PM me.
Post by ｍｏｒｐｈｉ[Ｎ]ｙｘ on Sept 1, 2016 17:29:33 GMT 10
You could export models just fine, but there's a problem with the hands. If you play thru the story everything's fine, but there are some points wherein the hands disappears. Take for example, at an event where Ada's overlooking Leon and Helena while Deborah's mutating from a chrysalid. This happens every time the model is too far from the camera.
Also, it doesn't take nicely from imported models that needs backface culling. Turning the option of it on/off suffers the same result: exported models have face holes all over the mesh. Facing the normals inward or outward serves no purpose either(or maybe that was just me being unlucky). Oh and also some weird lighting and stuff in certain areas, like in the Residence area just after Jake and Sherry reunited, also occurs in some exported models to mercenaries.
The tutorial sources are very limited, so for a novice blender user like me, it's kind of hard to work around figuring things out by one's self...
Aww dang if I could, I would've helped you in a heartbeat, but coding looks like calculus class to me. Here's a poke to FluffyQuack , hope he can help.^^ But yes, looking forward to this script for RE5 first.
Thanks for the info, ｍｏｒｐｈｉ[Ｎ]ｙｘ , it's useful to know. As far as I know, that script is no longer maintained, seems that aman haven't been online for a year now.
I'm working on figuring out the unknown parts of the mod format, to avoid relying on the imported model when exporting, so modders can have total control on how it's going to look, and it's easier to maintain. So far, I worked on being able to remove parts of the model and it works fine, but when I tried to add Sheva's head to Chris... ouch. I'll keep working on it.
Post by ｍｏｒｐｈｉ[Ｎ]ｙｘ on Sept 5, 2016 21:21:49 GMT 10
thank you very much, I really hope you can work this out, also you could ask around peeps who mod RE5 around here. I can only use aman's script for modding RE6, and I still don't have blender 2.76 to work for your script at the time being...
Some interesting progress with bone and weights: I was able to replace Chris' head with Wesker's very easily. Next: fix normals and figure out materials giving a choice to adjust unknown values from Blender. Expect a release very soon
Last Edit: Sept 9, 2016 13:52:27 GMT 10 by bastien
The new version is almost ready. I've been doing testing and some mods. I'm adding features to simplify as much as possible the modding process. The most complicated part so far is getting the weights right, but that's not very technical. I plan to do some tutorials and release it next Sunday. It's taking so long mostly because of the effort in development necessary to add new games easily in the future, so once is more or less stable, all other RE games, plus any other should be released much quicker.
I just uploaded a new version in the main thread, version 0.2.0 Remember this is still an alpha version. You can see the open issues here. Please report any additional bugs you might find there. There's a tutorial I'm working on right now, still not completed.