Thought I would share this for anyone who might find the info useful.
The red skeleton belongs to Carlos.
This Taskmaster model already comes with its OWN skeleton, with its own very nice and snug envelope (skin wrap)
In Principle: When we use a skinwrap modifier in 3DS max, we are basically telling a mesh to 'obey' the skin behavior of the object we selected (i.e the target game asset), but unless you convert it to skin, it will remain dependent on the original target mesh. When you convert a "skin wrap" to "skin" unless the mess perfectly fits the bones, you will need to do clean up on the mesh... this process is called Skinning.
Skinning (editing skin weights) is one of the few things I hate about the rigging process. It's tedious, and one can easily make disastrous mistakes if one isn't careful.
Since THIS Taskamster already has a skeleton, I just need to modify the skeleton names to match that of Carlos, in order to "trick" 3DS max into thinking that Carlo's skeleton was its original skeleton. The skinning on Taskmaster is already nice, and I am not keen to re-do it form scratch (by just relying on the skin wrap - convert to skin method).
Anyway yeah, I expect to still do some skinning even after i transfer the skin onto carlos' skeleton, but it will mostly be minor clean up. I hope.
Post by themimegogo on May 1, 2020 22:15:19 GMT 10
I had to roll - back a lot of things because i did because I found some problems with the mesh I had initially I need - redo the UVs again, BUT as I was testing mesh exporting ....
What's happening is that - within my DCC (Maya and 3DS Max) the skinning of the mesh is working just fine, as intended. But the moment I use the script to export the new mesh - certain parts go flying off in all directions.
Before Export (the feet's vertices are correctly assigned to feet bones)
after export, those same vertices - for unknown reasons - get weighted / assigned to the thumb bones O.O
I'm currently stuck trying to troubleshoot this problem - if I fix this, fix the UVs then this mod will be ready for deployment.
My initial thoughts is that maybe upon export - the index numbers of the individual vertices get mixed up - which could result in vertices in the feet suddenly being weighted to finger or hand bones. That or something else entirely.
I post this here - in the hopes that maybe someone has encountered this issue and has advice on a fix for it.
SlaverStudios: Hey all don't usually chat here but need someone to quickly swamp RE3 Remake's Tyrell NPC with Classic Carlos. Trying to repair that section to it's original Jill form with the modding tool.
Feb 23, 2021 11:40:46 GMT 10
SlaverStudios: If someone has cashapp will drop 20 bucks for em. If they also swap military jill to classic leon I'll add another $15
Feb 23, 2021 11:43:37 GMT 10