1. First, you extract ARCTool in a directory you plan on working from, and also extract the PC batch files into the same directory
2. Next you go to your \RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2\nativePCNext\arc\DX9NEXT\ Directory and copy the Msg_*X*.arc you want to edit (*X* means any language such as Msg_eng.arc for English) Then paste it into the directory with ARCTool
3. Thirdly you drag the Msg_*X*.arc onto the pc-rev2.bat file in order to extract everything to a directory with the same name. Once that is done you should have a bunch of .gmd files in the folder. .GMD files are text files that can be opened with the RE Remaster Text Loader. Remember to delete the Msg_*x*.arc file after you extracted it. (REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR FOLDER BEFORE EDITING)
4. Open the RE Remaster Text Loader and use it to view any of the .gmd's you wish to modify. Once done, be 100% sure to save the changes to the exact file you edited.
5. Finally, Drag the folder back onto the pc-rev2.bat file in order to repackage it into an arc file with the changes, then copy that arc file to \RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2\nativePCNext\arc\DX9NEXT\ and click yes to overwrite the original (or just rename the original)
6. The changes you made should now show up in game!
Hope this tutorial is easy enough to follow, im not the best at writing these things.
specopsvalentine: DarkSamus Then how do ppl put mods onto their consoles? I know a lot of ppl who have rapid fire on RE5 for PS4. I wanna know if one can replace Sheva with Jill for console.
Jul 14, 2020 11:38:47 GMT 10
DarkSamus: No idea, I don't own a modern console. PS3 is my newest console and I have never tried to mod any games for it.
Jul 14, 2020 12:45:43 GMT 10
nikexvlone: any weapons mod for resident evil 4 steam edition?
Jul 14, 2020 16:29:09 GMT 10
jackceck13: I forgot exactly how but it is possible to mod Re5' Xbox 360 version to play as other characters in campaign mod such as Jill over Sheva. I think it had to do with reverting re5 to it's oldest possible version
Jul 16, 2020 3:33:57 GMT 10
jackceck13: Just found a video of someone using it
Jul 16, 2020 3:34:58 GMT 10
jackceck13: Does anyone know what the model file name story Excella uses in re5 is?
Jul 16, 2020 3:38:15 GMT 10