DarkSamus lol I was thinking it was not going to be it own game mode, but rather a new dlc addon for Re2 Remake.
@ jteghius Kittius
Operation Raccoon City, was a decent revisit of re2 and re3, the complaints, where from those wanting the game to be a classic resident evil title, which meant no multiplayer co-op and that the game, did not play (the controls) like the classic titles...
However this does ignore the fact that many people love multiplayer co-op (RE5 and RE6 are the number one and the number two highest grossing resident evils in the series) and I would argue that had the developer had been allowed to include the original main cast in the co-op campaign mode, it would have had a stronger and much more positive reception. The fact that they almost completely prohibited the player to play as the classic characters in a game that returned to the world of Raccoon City, greatly hurt the title.
They had the location that everyone wanted to revisit, but left out the main component, the main characters of the story and then they side railed them (making them just extras in their own game). They then gave players almost no access to them and in their place was a choice of several generic characters, that no one had any attachment to for the entire experience. In the campaigns, you could run into the main cast but, this was very very brief and they included a very small online only multiplayer mode that featured them.
I had modded the game on pc to swap out the generic characters in the campaign with the original cast and found it greatly improved the experience, making a Resident Evil without at least the option to play as the main cast from that time frame was a mistake and it does seem, that Capcom is doing this again with Project REsistance, they should have at the least a option to let the player swap out in game, every generic new character with characters from that timeframe (characters from the Outbreak series and characters from RE2 and Re3). Running around Raccoon City, without the actual cast in the timeline makes no sense...
A loved casting would have been nice, but I think that wouldn't been enough to make this game better (for example, Umbrella Corps put brough Chris, Leon, Jake and Wesker, but that didn't fix a lot…)
RE5 and RE6 had coop and was great, but they had much more too. A proper story for example, (a campaign, with a plot, characters development, cinematics, environments progression), an importance in the franchise, (They were updating the lore and events of the RE world, the creation of the BSAA, bioterrorism spreading, world reaction to the previous games stories), and as big entries, they are full of content (>10 hours walkthrough, variated bestiary, unlockables, extra modes, etc...)
I feel that Project Resistance has a lot of to change, I don't know if Capcom will go with a deep makeover or will just add a couple of fixes and sent it like that. But what I saw in the TGS disliked me, not so much for its different gameplay, but for how small and disconnected I felt it from the Resident Evil world. I don't think it needs to be a single player experience, but it yes need to be a proper experience, not just a small arcade cash-grab.
Post by JTeghius Kittius on Oct 5, 2019 0:39:29 GMT 10
First impressions so far after a few hours with the beta and having played as all 4 survivors and the mastermind:
positive things: - Survivor Co-op play with friends is pretty fun - netcode seems to be fine didn't seem like there was a lot of lag/rubberbanding or anything - visually the game looks pretty good (same visual quality as RE2R) - PS4 version aims for 60FPS (would've prefered a PC demo/beta) - controlling zombies/mr. x is pretty fun (reminds me of RE6 versus modes) - new zombie types which kinda act like L4D hunter / crimson heads - Money isn't shared between players, picked up money is, but everyone can buy their own stuff each round. - characters all have a knife/basic melee - herbs can be bound to dpad shortcuts - yellow herbs function like the defense buff blue+red had in RE2R but on top of that they give a damage buff - Anti-viral/anti-poison spray which you can use on allies just like First-aid sprays
neutral: - from gameplay videos it looked like the mastermind would be constantly talking but luckily this isn't the case (because the talking is very annoying and in most cases not very good) - the survivors do all feel different, which is good and bad. here's why: - Vallerie and January both start with handguns when beginning a level. Tyrone and Samuel do not! they both start with a melee weapon and will need to buy a gun with "umbrella credits". melee can deal decent damage but just feels kinda awkward - some characters have more inventory space than others. I think their total HP is also different
- key item placement (presets) can be picked by the mastermind each round and there seem to be a few randomized basic items the mastermind doesn't place - as mastermind it can be hard to keep track of the survivors (but this may just be that you need to get used to playing the mastermind) - overtime. I both like and hate this mechanic. if you need just one more second to complete an objective this is great because it prevents the "DAMN! I NEEDED ONE MORE SHOT/SECOND!" type situations. however if the overtime runs out and you were alive and not next to any enemies you still just fall over dead. it just looks kinda weird as if you got force-choked by Darth vader.
- you have a generic pile of "ammo" and all guns use that pile as ammo. but different guns use different ammounts from that. pistols are 1 to 1. but a shotgun for example takes 4 "ammo" while this means you don't have to collect ammo for each gun it does feel a bit weird (might just take getting used to...?)
- special weapons from RE2 make an appearance which is cool (sparkshock, flame thrower, grenade launcher, rocket launcher, minigun). but none of them seem to be able to be reloaded which is a shame. you can also only get one of these weapons from a zombie wearing a backpack.
negatives/hope they improve it: - the UI takes up so much of the screen and is just not good. timer is too big and there's a lot of UI elements that just don't need to be there - a lot of assets and mechanics are lifted from RE2, which isn't bad but when they don't work like RE2 is frustrating/confusing. for example: (flash)Grenades don't work like defensive items anymore so you can't use one when grabbed. this means you cannot defend yourself againt being grabbed. this is especially bad against Mr. X or Ivy. Mr. X if you're not saved will do an instant kill and the Ivy will put you in dying state. - the game is currently very unbalanced. the mastermind will almost always win. they can also spawn enemies and traps right on top of the survivors which can lead to some horrible stunlocking and creating small rooms of almost garanteed death. - the game explains certain mechanics very poorly, especially in stage 3 of this beta where the players need to destroy the biocores. there's only one that can be destroyed at a time the rest is covered with metal plates and the one that has a giant yellow/orange beam of light coming from the top. this one can be destroyed. - Mr. X can only be damaged by headshots, body shots deal 0 damage to him. - Enemies being spawned are invincible. they take 0 damage until they're "done spawning". while I get that to make the survivors not be able to destroy everything the mastermind creates within a second. but the survivors trying to complete almost all actions doesn't give them invivincibility either. - the demo didn't have friend matchmaking only random lobbies, luckily I got matched with Snipz and Sectus a few times, but it would've been a lot more fun if you could always play with friends (I assume the full game will have friend lobbies or something but in the beta it was bad) - framerate. so despite it aiming for 60 I had plenty of times the framerate would dip. normally I'd excuse this as it's a beta however when doing certain actions the game would drop below 10FPS. which was really bad. one of the things causing this were multiple particle effects. - reaching the next section requires all players to meet up at the door to the next section, so if one player is slow or being stunlocked by the mastermind you will just constantly lose time and be unable to progress. not even them dying makes them respawn in the next section. - respawning puts you back at the beginning of the section. I think I would've prefered the game being balanced as them either being permanent dead or respawning at the next section.
I'd also like to point out that the survey for the game was a joke. it was riddled with typos and grammatical errors. it didn't feel like a survey for a AAA game. it looked kinda unprofessional.
It may seem like I'm being overly engative here, but that's just because I elaborated more on the negative points. I overall still have interest in this game, but I'm still interested to see how they'll improve in the full game
I personally found Valerie the most fun to play of the survivors. and Samuel and Tyrone the least fun.. I'm still really hoping to see familiar characters both for the survivors and the mastermind, but out of these new characters I so far only like Valerie. granted PC will allow for modding but still...
there's also a few easter eggs that have been found in the game. at times the RE3 saveroom theme can be heard, and there's a sign with the name "Warren" (street or lane couldn't tell) on it referring to the raccoon city mayor (and his daughter Katherine Warren from RE2)
I also played the closed beta (played with Fluffyquack and Jtegh)
Heres my take on the game from its current state:
- Co-op play is super fun and highly recommended from me, being able to co-ordinate is a lot better with this game - Netcode seemed fine but I had some disconnect issues (might have been my PS4) - Performance seems pretty stable, I had one issue with fps drop during a certain animation a character did but otherwise my fps was fine on PS4 Pro and it looked 60? but I couldn't tell if it was constant - Mastermind is fun to play as and controlling Zombies and Tyrant is also pretty fun! also planning where to place enemies was fun for me, I would pick a preset key item placement and place a fuck ton of enemies in that one room - New healing items for more gameplay like JTegh mentioned - Money isn't shared between players but gained together, can share items by "discarding" them on to the floor and picking them up
- Characters have different abilities, which is fun! yes, but the two girls are pretty much the best characters in the beta due to theirs. The guys, Tyrone's kick and defence buff thing are okay, and Samuels punches are pretty lackluster tbh - Ammo is generically shared between all guns, weird but I guess its okay - Melee weapons are a nice addition, but they are pretty lackluster in both animation and how effective they feel. When using them on some weak enemies they felt "ok" otherwise I just bought a shit ton of ammo
- The UI is SO bad, the timer is huge and always visible, the party health and indicators could be smaller and more left of the screen or placed elsewhere. Just, bleh the UI is in desperate need of either a redesign or adjustment - Balancing, the game needs alot of rework to me. Zombies controlled by the Mastermind are ALOT more powerful than regular zombies (especially with Berserk powerup) and Tyrant when controlled can spam punches super fast. Maybe the starting skills/mastermind abilities are the cause? who knows but some work needs to be done on the balance of the game IMO - New players need a better tutorial, when they have a key item 99.99% of the time they don't know what to do with it. Or even when the team is all gathered at one spot to leave the area with an objective TELLING them to leave the area, new players still seem to wander aimlessly. - Each player must leave the area together by standing in a zone, if not all players are present (expect for area 3) the game won't progress. This needs a change, this is so easy to grief or just get frustrated by a player dying constantly because they can't reach the end or are just wandering around. They could simply make it so if all players are there and whoever isn't dies it moves on and they don't get a higher time bonus - To addon to this point, when another player has a key item, only THEY can use it. If they die they drop it yes. But when your trying to get through an exit with one piece left to complete the objective and they're just standing around with the key item its very annoying. Capcom could just make it a universal key item where anyone can use it. (this would also stop griefing) - The layout of area 3 of the game to destroy Biocores is a little hard to navigate, it has elevators to access left and right sides of the stage. But its a little difficult and clunky with enemies spawning on top of you. Which brings me to my next point - The mastermind can SPAWN ANYTHING ON YOUR FEET. Traps, Zombies, Dogs, Tyrant or even Ivy which has a one hit kill attack. This needs a change, why can the mastermind spawn a leg trap on my leg. No. Capcom pls. - The beta demo had no friend matchmaking, I understand its a beta but hopefully it has a friend system in the futrue
Overall whilst I enjoyed my experience in some areas, the other parts need work done. I'm interested in this game and I hope it sees improvement as well!
Post by JTeghius Kittius on Oct 6, 2019 8:11:34 GMT 10
more points after another day with the Beta:
positive: - players are starting to get an idea for the game and survivors are starting to win games, but also mastermind players are getting better and making matches more challenging for both parties. (this does sometimes result in survivors steamrolling through a less experienced mastermind, or the mastermind utterly destroying the survivors)
- easter eggs: in the save rooms REmake, RE2 (OG), and RE3 saveroom themes play. cute little detail. I found streetname signs called "Warren Str." after the Raccoon city mayor.
negatives: - Mr. X has a move he can spam and stunlock you. on top of that every hit deals regular damage so without his one hit kill he can down everyone very easily. and it seems EVERY mastermind player abuses this mechanic to just very quickly down everyone.
also with this (and a screenshot of someone's game that had glitched that I can't find right now) Annette Birkin has been confirmed: (although we already kinda knew that)
Post by Night Furious on Oct 7, 2019 4:10:56 GMT 10
Ok, here are my 5 cents about this game for beta access.
I will not talk about good things, because they exist and there is no point in discussing them and I will immediately turn to bad ones which I didn't like it:
First of all, the game needs a huge rework of the balance fpr the Mastermind, because right now he is little OP!!! - Tyrant - he should be nerfed for his punch melee. I don’t know possible to delay after each hit or to limit the amount that he can do and his frequency. Perhaps to limit it to only one use for each type of skill. Right now, the players are annoying playing for him, because they just spam with one hit method and you can’t do anything about this, because you get a stunning animation and they just beat you to death. Even if you did a good job most of the game, as soon as the Masterminds get control of him, he probably kill you all, because this hit spam almost guarantees victory for the poor the Mastermind player. There were also situations where three times in a row he crushed my head, just waiting for me at the respawn area. As far as I remember in RE2R he could inflict a critical head grab on you only when you had a dangerous state of health, rather than killing you so easily with full health and made only one hand strike to knock you down, and then there was a break. It needs to work the same way here!
- Controling zombies as the Mastermind should also be weakened. Right now he is too strong, especially with berserk mode. He simply spamming nonstop with strokes like crazy and doesn't respond to your blows or shots (most part of time), which makes it quite difficult to stop him.
- Right now if any enemy grabs you, you just have to wait to take damage and there is nothing you can do about it. Only other players can help you deal with this. I understand that now the survivors have a constant knife melee weapon, so they disabled the ability to make a counterattack and will free themselves from capture, as was the case in RE2R, but I think they should give some chance to the survivors to protect themselves from this. For example fast QTE or struggle mechanics or if you have a plain grenade or light grenade in your inventory, you can make a counterattack as it was in RE2R.
- I still think that the Mastermind should be prohibited from placing enemies in the zone with the survivors, so that this happens right in front of them and they see their appearance. This is the worst design decision and mechanics that I don't like the most! In addition, I believe that the interval of the possibility of creating new traps and enemies is too fast. There was a case when in the same room for a very short period of time, the Mastermind created the appearance of a lot of enemies they scored about 10 BOW + continued to place traps and explosives right under your feet. There was no chance to deal with this! Why if the survivor dies, he receives respawn at the start and must go all the way again and the enemies don't receive such be placed when you kill them and can continued spamed? I think this is not fair!
- Attacks with close combat weaponts. Managing it is rather uncomfortable, it seems a little awkward, crooked and not working well.
- UI definitely needs to be reworked. Especially the tips and pointers should be more understandable for the players, what they should do and that they have received an important key element. There were many cases when a player received a part of the riddle or key and was completely unaware of what to do with that, because of which the whole team could not advance further and leave the area. Moreover, they didn't even realize that they had received the code or key. I think that they should allow anyone to activate the quest, regardless of who picked up the key. Right now, if a player dies with an important element he drop him and anyone can come back and take it what makes sense, but the problem is that this place gets a lot of camps from the side of Mastermind, which makes it very difficult to do this.
- After you move to another zone, you always have access to the box to replenish your supplies, but not all of them are safe. I think this is wrong, because the survivors punish themselves and spend time if they do it for a long time, but this is their choice and they shouldn't be prevented from making preparations. I mean, there were cases when you moved to another zone and examined what is best to buy while everyone was in inventory menu, the Mastermind sent enemies there and killed everyone while they tried to figure it out and were not available. The game is already too intense to prevent them from taking a little break when they move to another location.
I like the concept of the game and it really fun and interesting, but right now, the game is very difficult for the survivors and practically leaves no chance to win due to many aspects, some of which I have listed above. I played a lot games for the survivors and won only two times. Most of the game matches, team was dead by the Tyrant spam. Therefore, I can confidently say that in the beta version the balance is a bit broken and on the side of the Mastermind most.
JTeghius Kittius, Snipz, and Night Furious, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the beta, it was interesting seeing what everyone thought... hopefully the developer properly tweaks the game using the beta testers' criticisms and can craft something fun with a strong replay value...
Not gonna talk too much because other comments already listed all the problems. The cause of many problems there is the tutorial and interface which did really poor job of telling player what to do, so that need serious fix. Took me about 10 matches to understand what to do with the bio cores.
But beyond that beginner curve, the game becomes really fun, and even better when you get match-up with other experienced players. First day of beta was really rough because no one know what to do, but in the last day, I won 80% of time.
Personally, I don't feel like Mr.X is that OP. He's only there for 60 seconds, and the MM can't do anything else during this. He's only a treat when he manages to corner your team (which takes good planning on MM side). Otherwise, survivors can just: run around obstacles, hide in safe room for 60 seconds, stun him with grenades (although there's a bug where he ignores it sometimes). Tyrone can even stun him with his kick skill, saving grabbed player.
Anyway, I can't wait for the full release. There will be more skills, maps, characters, and masterminds so I really look forward to it.
We don't know their names or abilities. Also it seems January and Samuel got new renders for the result screen.
Definitely looks like new characters. I think they -or at least the girl- can be glimpsed in a picture you posted previously. If you look closely on the top screen, you can see a guy with a backpack and the chick wearing shorts and boots.
By the way, Project Resistance was apparently leaked months ago on Gamefaqs! The similarities between what that person revealed and what we've seen so far are striking. They do mention the sewers and the subway, which is pretty exciting. But I still don't know what to think about that project, if I'm honest... I like what they're trying to achieve but they better balance the difficulty and above all, have a vision for the long run. We've already seen what multiplayer, backlash and no interesting content turns into (yup, I'm referring to Umbrella Corps).
Now we just have to wait and see how Capcom has taken all that feedback into account. Here's me hoping that will get at least a proper story mode.
Taint3d: I'm tired as well, haven't slept in two day's unfortunately.
Jun 2, 2021 22:49:32 GMT 10
glisp: fluffyquack might as well just stop adding trainers to his mod manager. He refuses to update them to work with the latest version of the games. There's no point in having them.
Jun 9, 2021 13:20:42 GMT 10
Jun 10, 2021 23:10:16 GMT 10
smokedark: Link down please fix
Jun 17, 2021 12:01:29 GMT 10
lsfade: How i can i inject the mods
Jun 17, 2021 14:40:53 GMT 10
Jinsitsu: Fluffy Mod Manager or do it manually lol
Jun 18, 2021 14:09:01 GMT 10
hyugo: Hello, there is a way to have ashley in story mod when you have swap with hunk ? And for the garden, the game crash. On Resident Evil 4 HD
Jun 20, 2021 1:12:20 GMT 10
leonsus: Does anyone know where you can get the Naked Carlos Oliveira mod since it was taken off nexusmods?
Jun 20, 2021 3:25:47 GMT 10
raft00: Hey, anyone knows how can I downgrade my Re4 to the version 1.06?
Jun 20, 2021 11:48:23 GMT 10
Jinsitsu: hyugo Probably but idk try asking on the RE4 UHD modding board instead and for the garden it's probably on your end. Try reinstalling the game or verifying your game files.
Jun 20, 2021 17:40:34 GMT 10
Jinsitsu: leonsus well since the mod is Hidden, dunno where you should look so try asking on the RE3 modding board see if someone still have it. raft00 No idea but why you want to downgrade to v1.06?
Jun 20, 2021 17:43:16 GMT 10
raft00: I want to instal a mod, but it need to downgrade to 1.06, unfortunately.
Jun 21, 2021 1:22:59 GMT 10
Jinsitsu: oh right because of the latest update you can't. Well i did a lil digging someone asked the same question on Steam on how to revert back to v1.06 luckily someone answered and shared a file on a google drive, so try searching it on google you'll find it
Jun 21, 2021 2:45:42 GMT 10