ARC unpacker/repacker (v0.9.428) Jan 21, 2014 23:30:31 GMT 10 EvilLord, JTeghius Kittius, and 27 more like this
Post by FluffyQuack on Jan 21, 2014 23:30:31 GMT 10
Download link: www.fluffyquack.com/tools/ARCtool.rar
Download links for batch files which makes it easier to use the tool:
PC batch files: www.fluffyquack.com/tools/ARCtool-PC-batch.rar
Xbox 360 batch files: www.fluffyquack.com/tools/ARCtool-XBOX-batch.rar
PS3 batch files: www.fluffyquack.com/tools/ARCtool-PS3-batch.rar
A command line tool I made for unpacking and repacking ARC files.
- Extract and repack ARC container files, supports most MT Framework games.
- Using text file as reference for file order (required for Dragon's Dogma and many archives for RE6)
- Real extension support for RE5 and Dragon's Dogma (also has an incomplete extension list for other games
- Support for no compression, dynamic compression or always compression when repacking archives (RE6 and RE5 on xbox requires every file to be compressed)
- Automatic conversion of TEX (pc and xbox only).
- Automatic conversion of GMD (xbox only).
- Automatic renaming of stages in RE5 and RE6.
- Support for xbox, pc, and ps3 ARC files
- Texture files can be converted separated or while extracting/repacking arc containers. (doing it separately only works with 360 and PC tex files).
- XFS conversion. XFS files are used to define a lot of gameplay and other data in MTF games and ARCtool can convert most of them. More info here: residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/6071/tutorial-editing-spawns-various-scripts
Tested and supported games (ARCtool is compatible with nearly every MT Framework title on PC and most MTF games on consoles):
- Devil May Cry 4
- Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
- Resident Evil 0 HD
- Resident Evil HD
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Dragon's Dogma
- Dragon's Dogma Online
Example usage via command prompt:
Usage via Windows Explorer:
Drag and drop ARC files onto the batch files to extract, and drag and drop directories onto the batch files to repack.
Read the readme.txt for more detailed info about the tool.
Video showing basic usage: (video is a little outdated by now)
Thread for tool on old forums: z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=22193